Bleach World Wide Adventures

Welcome to the Bleach World Wide Adventures forums!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Bleach World Wide Adventures forums!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

{UI Option}"Create Report Ticket" verb.

Hito
    Hito

{UI Option}"Create Report Ticket" verb. Empty {UI Option}"Create Report Ticket" verb.

Post  Hito Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:41 pm

I've only been on the game for a few weeks but I'm seeing a lot of complaints in the OOC that frankly just cannot be handled at all hours by a small staff. Rather than increase staff an easy way to fix this would be to take a page from the IT Admin Handbook and create a "Create Report Ticket" verb for players and a "View Ticket Queue" for GMs and Administrators. Here's my attempt of a brief overview of how I believe this would work best.

• Create Report Ticket: Using this verb creates a "ticket" and adds it to a list of other tickets readily accessible by moderation staff. Tickets would the In-game name and key of the person who uses the verb, followed by a brief explanation of their problem(A subject header, if you will) and a paragraph or two explaining their issue in detail. To be as helpful as possible to moderation staff it would be advised to players reporting other players to report their IGN, their key, and a screen shot of their offending action if possible.(Softwares like LightShot are excellent for instant screenshots.)

• View Ticket Queue: This would be the moderator's answer to the first verb. Using this would pop open a window listing the IGN and key of the person who created the ticket, along with their subject header. Click it, pop it open, read their problem. Options once the ticket are open should be something like "Close Window, Mark as Unread, Delete" etc.

There are a few pros and cons to this, a major among the cons is that people will undoubtedly overuse this or false report. At this point it'd be mod discretion over how to handle this.

The biggest question would be "Do we even need this? We have a report section in the forums." and that's a really good point. My counterargument: Convenience. Player sees another person glitching/abusing, screenshots, files it in. Mod logs on, checks the queue, sees it, reacts accordingly. Boom.
    Rhyuke
    Rhyuke
    Admin
    Admin

{UI Option}"Create Report Ticket" verb. Empty Re: {UI Option}"Create Report Ticket" verb.

Post  Rhyuke Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:51 pm

i really like this idea lol
    Rage
    Rage

{UI Option}"Create Report Ticket" verb. Empty Re: {UI Option}"Create Report Ticket" verb.

Post  Rage Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:49 pm

This is GG. They had something like this on GOA

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 7:41 am